The Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers (ISAE) was established in 1960. Agricultural Engineering, involves application of engineering to production, processing, preservation and handling of food, feed and fiber. It also includes the transfer of engineering technology for the development and welfare of rural areas and masses. The mission of the Society is to promote sustainable progress in Agricultural and Rural Development through engineering applications. Total life members of society are about 3000 including international members and about 100 are corporate members. Various Objectives of ISAE are mentioned below;
- To strengthen the Society by promoting programmes of professional interest.
- To facilitate larger participation of the members in professional activities and ensure continuity in membership.
- To organize regional conferences, seminars and symposia on topics of current interest.
- To prepare special study reports related to Agricultural Engineering as applicable to a region.
- To disseminate information about Agricultural Engineering programmes and employment.